Job Description: Cyber Risk Fusion SIEM Engineer
Are you interested in improving the cyber and organizational risk profiles of leading companies? Do you want to be involved in delivering Fusion Managed / Security Operations Center (SOC) Services including identifying unauthorized activities and intrusions in their networks in real time? Are you excited about rapidly changing operational environments, learning what you need to get the job done, and producing accurate and timely results?
If yes, then Deloitte’s Fusion Managed Services (FMS) team could be the place for you! Transparency, innovation, collaboration, sustainability: these are the hallmark issues shaping cyber initiatives today. Deloitte’s FMS business is passionate about making an impact with lasting change. Delivering our industry leading services requires fresh thinking and a creative approach. We collaborate with teams from across our organization in order to bring the full breadth of Deloitte, its commercial and public sector expertise, to best support our clients. Our aspiration is to be the premier integrated services provider in helping to transform the cyber security services marketplace.
Our team is client focused and mission driven. As a Security information and event management (SIEM) Engineer in Deloitte's Fusion Managed Services, you’ll work with our diverse teams of passionate professionals to help solve for some of today’s toughest cybersecurity challenges to enable or clients to achieve business growth and manage risk.
Work you’ll do
As a Fusion SIEM Engineer you will be managing and providing SIEM health and operational support, including supporting to architecture changes, tool deployments and advanced content development.
You will be closely working with Security Operations Center (SOC), Content, TIA and ThreatConnect teams as an advanced escalation point in identifying and addressing potential information security incidents.
· Deliver SIEM advisory support and education to other SOC and technology management personnel
· Help define, implement and monitor key risk indicators and key performance indicators (KRIs/KPIs)
· Keep abreast of latest IT security, regulatory and compliance trends to support various risk and data models
· Assist in Use Case Roadmap development and update Use Cases in Use Case Repository
· Coordinate with Content Engineers to support advanced Use Case development (Use Case from Roadmap as well as hunting related Use Cases)
· Help maintain content development/deployment baseline across clients based on the maturity of the client environment as well as the latest trends in security
· Review system security plans, network diagrams, and vulnerability and patching requirements
· Develop scripts to simplify data collection and automate data onboarding tasks
· Perform quality review of HLUC, TUC, Use Case Testing, Parser, Runbooks and other Technical documents
· Submit documentation through the Quality Review Management process
· Provide 24/7 on-call support (as needed)
· Mentor and train Junior SIEM Engineers
· Coordinate with various technical groups and attend in-person client meetings
· Build relationships with client counterpart (i.e. Client Lead Security Engineer)
· Adhere to internal operational security and other Deloitte policies
· Participate in short term project work as assigned
· Bachelor of engineering or Science in computers, information systems, information security, Math, decision sciences, risk management, or other business/technology disciplines or equivalent work experience
· Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certification in Certified Intrusion Analyst (GIAC), Continuous Monitoring (GMON), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) or equivalent
· Able to work rotating shifts to support 24X7 operations
· Extensive experience in security technologies such as: Security information and event management (SIEM), IDS/IPS, Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Proxy, Web Application Firewall (WAF), Endpoint detection and response (EDR), Anti-Virus, Sandboxing, network- and host- based firewalls, Threat Intelligence, Penetration Testing, etc.
· Knowledge of Advanced Persistent Threats (APT) tactics, technics and procedures
· Understanding of possible attack activities such as network probing/ scanning, DDOS, malicious code activity, etc.
· Understanding of common network infrastructure devices such as routers and switches
· Understanding of basic networking protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP
· Detailed knowledge in system security architecture and security solutions
· Self-motivated to improve knowledge and skills
· A strong desire to understand the what as well as the why and the how of security incidents
Deloitte Advisory's Cyber Risk team helps complex organizations more confidently pursue their growth, innovation and performance agendas through proactive management of the associated cyber risks. Our professionals provide advisory and implementation services that integrate risk, regulatory, and technology skills to help clients transform their legacy programs into proactive Secure.Vigilant.Resilient.TM cyber risk programs. Join the team developing the future state of cyber risk solutions. Learn more about Deloitte Advisory’s Cyber Risk Services practice.
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.